BookConnection

Book Connection

I'm a lover of books. I love how discussing books connect us in really substantial and interesting ways.

The Heretic's Daughter
Kathleen Kent
The Wishing Thread: A Novel
Lisa Van Allen
Sweet Tooth - Ian McEwan I just started this book yesterday and it hasn't really caught me. So far I find the narrator rather banal. I think the biggest issue s that the author via the one of the characters talks about readers who aren't critical readers, describing someone who may skim over the description of the home. I don't remember the exact line and I'm reading it on the Nook so finding past passages gets frustrating. This brings up the old arguement I remember from my college days. Is reading criticall using ones intellect and rational mind somehow superior to other forms of reading. I find if I become emotionally connected, to the characters, the situation, the book is more involving for me. There are times that means I'm thinking ore about what is happening in the book and other times it means I'm emotionally carried away with the writing and story. Other times both are happening at the same time. Who is to say which is more menaingful or "right"? I shall continue based on other reviews and I'm hoping it gets better.